Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kit Transmitter I Built a Long Time Ago



It was a dual band. Single crystal for each band, not included. I ordered the crystals from JAN. I only got 2 of them. I was stuck on 2 frequencies. CW transmitter. I had an antenna switch to switch the antenna coax from transmitter to receiver. The old fashioned way. A good way to start. I didn't know that when they said that the 50 ohm antenna connector was impossible to match the 50 ohm coax so my swr was useless. Then finally, by getting onto vhf 2 meters, I was able to meet hams, after the license pool and books and a code practice tape. Getting to Technician class for 2 meters was a must back then.

I met Ron, NY2B and he had an antenna tuner. I finally got the thing on the air. My first contact was on 40 meters to upstate NY from LI, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment